Monday, November 22, 2010

In Guatemala

Well It's been an interesting few weeks.
I've just made it to Antigua, Guatemala to learn Spanish, a necessary skill for travel in South America.
Prior to getting here I had a great few weeks in Mexico City seeing the cultural sights, Dias de Muertos and crazy nights out on Mezcal in Oaxaca, A cruisy birthday week drinking beer , being nude and getting high on the beach in Zipolite followed by a stressful touchdown in a bad part of town in Guatemala City and being stranded there for a few days after having my card stolen in Zipolite.
As it stands now I'll be spending the next 6-8 months in Central and South America followed by hopefully a month in South East Asia if I still have enough cash. There will be more woofing in more expensive countries like Chile and Argentina but fortunately due to the relatively low cost of South America I'll be able to have more fun rather than be a farm boy the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment